Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Costa Rica...ya gotta love it

This would be mi amigos dancing last night. We had a latino dance class which was a blast.
Here I am with Heidi and my roommate Stephanie. It was 230 colones (50 cent) beer night.
The road to the coffee plantation. Note that we are in a huge commercial sized bus.
Beautiful Costa Rica on the walk to the plantation.
This massive bug was hanging out on the ground when we were at the plantation.


So you have heard all about my coffee plantation trip. It was a lot of fun and it was really interesting. The coffee was just too strong but I had to try it. We ended up getting back here to San Jose and we had a survival spanish course which seemed like it took all day because we had to keep playing out scenarios in groups but I learned a little and I now have another booklet to help me out.

I started my Team in Training triathlon training two days ago when Stephanie and I went for a run. We went out again this morning and ran for 30 minutes which is really good considering their are hills every 100 meters. It gets me pumped to get ready. In case anyone doesn´t know, Team in Training is an organization that benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I´m participating in the Nations Triathlon in Washington D.C. in September which is an Olympic distance triathlon (1.5K swim, 40K bike, and 10K run). I´ve started to raise money but I have no donations but my own :( My fundraising goal is to raise $4,500 by mid-August. I have a long way to go but I will keep moving. I know I can do it! If you want to help me out, then I would be very, very happy!!!!!!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/soh/nattri08/aminneman

We are going to Cafe Brit tomorrow which is the big coffee company here in Costa Rica. It should be a lot different then today and we should be able to buy more bags of coffee. I´m really excited! Miss you all!

No comments: